Secant Technical Materials focuses on innovation and invention to develop high-value custom material and textile offerings to solve the most challenging applications. Whether helping astronauts endure extreme environments of space or developing innovative products for mission critical applications, we provide solutions that improve reliability and performance.
Gold Molybdenum Antenna Mesh
Gold molybdenum is the next generation high performance material enabling the future expansion capabilities for both large and small satellite deployment. This lightweight, compact, and configurable antenna mesh is engineered to operate in challenging space environments over a wide range of frequencies between S band and Ka band.
- Custom configuration for a broad range of frequencies
- Ability to survive in challenging space environments
- OPIs ranging from 10 to 40
- Available width up to 140 inches
- Continuous length up to 2000 inches
- Wire sizes ranging from 0.8mill to 1.2 mil
With over 40 years of experience in aerospace antenna mesh technology, Secant Technical Materials is well equipped to develop high-value custom material and textile offerings to help our customers reach their vision.
Carbon Nanotube Structures
Secant Technical Materials has successfully manufactured several fabric structures utilizing the CNT fiber. These fabric structures have unique properties. This significant technology breakthrough has allowed for a new class of textiles stronger, lighter and electrically conductive to be developed.
High Performance Fabrics
Whether facing the harsh environments of space or the depths of the world’s ocean, Secant Technical Materials is developing the next generation of high performance fabrics. Using our state of the art material science lab we can develop solutions from fiber to final form to solve the most demanding challenges. Whether the product is woven, knitted, or braided Secant Technical Materials can custom engineer a textile solution.
- Yarns - PET, vectran, PBI, peek, UHMWPE, nomex, kevlar, nylon
- Metals – gold, molybdenum, inconel, tungsten, titanium, copper, platinum, silver
- Woven Fabrics up to 84 inches wide
- Knitted fabrics up to 184 inches wide
- Braided fabrics up to 6 inches in diameter