Secant Technical Materials focuses on innovation and invention to develop high-value custom material and textile offerings to solve the most challenging applications. Whether helping astronauts endure the extreme environments of space or developing innovative products for mission critical applications, we provide solutions that improve reliability and performance.
With over 40 years of experience in aerospace antenna mesh technology, Secant Technical Materials is well equipped to develop high-value custom material and textile offerings to help our customers reach their vision.
Gold Molybdenum Antenna Mesh
Gold molybdenum is the next generation high performance material enabling the future expansion capabilities for both large and small satellite deployment. This lightweight, compact, and configurable antenna mesh is engineered to operate in challenging space environments over a wide range of frequencies between S band and Ka band.
- Custom configuration for a broad range of frequencies
- OPIs ranging from 10 to 40
- Available width of up to 130 inches
- Continuous length of up to 2000 inches
- Wire sizes ranging from 0.8 mil to 1.2 mil
Carbon Nanotube Structures
Secant Technical Materials has successfully manufactured several fabric structures utilizing the carbon nanotube (CNT) fiber. Boasting unique, highly desirable properties, these fabric structures are a significant technological breakthrough, and allow for a new class of stronger, lighter, and electrically conductive textiles.
Whether facing the harsh environments of space or the depths of the world’s ocean, Secant Technical Materials is developing the next generation of high performance fabrics. Using our state-of-the-art material science lab, we can develop solutions from fiber to final form to solve the most demanding challenges. Whether the product is woven, knitted, or braided, Secant Technical Materials can custom engineer a textile solution.
- Yarns: PET, vectran, PBI, peek, UHMWPE, nomex, kevlar, nylon
- Metals: Gold, molybdenum, inconel, tungsten, titanium, copper, platinum, silver
- Woven fabrics up to 84 inches wide
- Knitted fabrics up to 184 inches wide
- Braided fabrics up to 6 inches in diameter