Secant Group’s Technical Materials Division designs and manufactures knit gold-plated molybdenum antenna mesh that facilitates the expansion of large and small satellite deployment.
Whether off-the-shelf or custom-manufactured, Secant Group’s mesh for unfurlable antenna reflectors is designed to improve the reliability and performance of your aerospace applications in low-earth orbit (LEO), mid-earth orbit, geosynchronous orbit (GEO), or lunar orbit (LO), no matter how much or how little you need.
With decades of unmatched expertise in engineering aerospace textiles and materials, Secant Group is one of the few textile suppliers that knits gold-plated wire into antenna mesh. This next-generation material can operate between S-band and Ka-band frequencies in the most challenging space environments. (View our information sheet.
Customization options include:
- Openings per inch (OPI) at 10, 20, 30, or 40
- Available width of up to 130 inches
- Continuous length of up to 2000 inches
- Gold-plated molybdenum wire sizes ranging from 0.8 mil to 1.2 mil
Antenna Mesh Widths (Measured at Needle Bar)
- Knit on state-of-the-art equipment that eliminates delamination and wire breaks
- Higher tolerance variability
- 7 to 130 in. without polyethylene terephthalate (PET) selvages
- 7 to 126 in. with PET selvages
All our products are manufactured in our ITAR-compliant facility and can be cut and packaged to your specifications.