At Secant Group we're dedicated to serving our clients and community, and enriching the lives of our employees. Our programs demonstrate our belief in assisting both families and individuals in need.
Our Helping Others Prosper Everyday (HOPE) Committee was established to demonstrate Secant Group’s belief in supporting education and assisting families and individuals in need. The committee partners with charitable and community-focused organizations, encouraging employee involvement in a variety of volunteer activities, including:
- Secant Group Employee Volunteer Day
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County
- Local outreach via academic and athletic scholarship programs, and senior citizens and community centers
- Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week (PFEW)
- Relay for Life Team (American Cancer Society)
- Kids Peace
- Member of Upper Bucks Chamber of Commerce
- Secant Group supports personal charitable activities of our associates by offering paid time off to volunteer in their local communities
- At Secant Group, we need to operate our manufacturing facilities under strict environmental controls to ensure our conditions meet our customer’s and/or regulatory requirements. Our newly installed state-of-the-art building automation system (BAS) was designed to maintain these strict conditions. The BAS controls and monitors over 1500 items within our buildings 24/7 to ensure minimum energy usage. For example, exhaust air is used to pre-condition incoming fresh air via a set of energy reclaim coils, creating a source of free energy.
- In our offices, we use daylight harvesting and occupancy sensors to help reduce our use of electricity.
Other initiatives include:
- Improving our storm water discharge quality. We installed improved storm water management tools that enhance water quality discharge to our nearby streams and ponds.
- We recently upgraded our roofing systems with a highly reflective material that limits radiant heat gain on our buildings.
- Our hot water boilers are smart. They use the latest technology to modulate their flame rates and maximize heat exchange. They are some of the most efficient boilers on the market.
- We use LED lighting throughout our sites and in our parking lots. LED lighting reduces energy usage and light bulb waste to landfill.
Summer Internship Program
Secant Group's robust summer internship program provides students with hands-on, educational work experience that aligns with their course of study or helps them explore future career opportunities. Read what students had to say about their experiences in our 2019 program.